Tour description provided by G Adventures
If you want to hit Morocco’s highlights, this is your adventure. Wander through kasbahs, spice markets, and cities pulsing with energy on this comprehensive trip. Climb onto a camel and explore the edge of the Sahara before admiring the views from the heights of the Atlas Mountains. Experience the energy of imperial cities as you explore souks stuffed with exotic wares. Then take a moment to appreciate this amazing adventure as you spend a night in a mountain gîte.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mhaya Village Community Lunch, Meknès Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Mountain Gîte Stay with Traditional Moroccan Meal, Aroumd (Aremd) Your Discover Moment: Marrakech
- Tangier guided tour including the medina, kasbah, and the grand and petit souks
- Volubilis guided tour including Roman ruins
- Fès medina guided tour including artisans’ quarter and Fès tannery
- Sunset camel ride in the desert
- Todra Gorge stay with walk through local villages
- Aït Ben Haddou kasbah tour
- High Atlas Mountains hike
- Marrakech medina guided walk including Saadian Tombs, Bahia Palace, souks and Jemaa el-Fnaa square
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Wander through ancient medinas and roman ruins
- Ride a camel into the sahara
- Spend a night in a mountain gîte
- Enjoy traditional moroccan fare at a local home
- Shop in seaside essaouira
- Set eyes on the blue city of chefchaouen
Casablanca Arrive at any time.
Casablanca/Chefchaouen Stop in Tangier for a guided tour of the medina before continuing on to Chefchaouen for the evening.
Chefchaouen Enjoy a free day in Chefchaouen to explore. The city, whitewashed in different shades of blue, is spectacular on its own but with the surrounding mountains, it’s a sight to behold. At sunset, opt to visit the Spanish Mosque for a stunning panoramic view of the city.
Chefchaouen/Fès Enjoy a G Adventures-supported traditional lunch before taking a guided tour of the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis. Continue on to Fès.
Fès Explore the labyrinth of streets within the famous Fès medina with a local guide. Take in a view of one of the ancient tanneries from above and marvel at the myriad of colour and processes.
Fès/Merzouga Enjoy a long, but beautiful, travel day across the unique landscapes of Morocco to get to the sand dunes of the Sahara Desert.
Merzouga Explore the sand dunes by foot or opt to take a 4×4 excursion around the dunes. In the late afternoon, enjoy a camel ride to watch the sunset before returning to your hotel for an evening of entertainment.
Merzouga/Todra Gorge Rise early to watch the sunrise. After breakfast, continue through a stone desert to the stunning Todra Gorge. Wedged between massive cliff walls, the gorge is filled with a green oasis of palm trees. This serene spot is great for hiking, relaxing on the edge of the river or sampling some local Berber delicacies.
Todra Gorge/Aït Ben Haddou Visit the Aït Ben Haddou Kasbah, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Opt to participate in a tagine cooking class for an intro to Moroccan cuisine.
Ait Benhaddou / High Atlas Mountains Enjoy a walk to the village of Aroumd (Aremd), at the base of the High Atlas Mountains. Let a mule carry the bags up to this mountain hideaway and hike alongside. Enjoy views of Mt Toubkal from the mountain gîte before a home-cooked dinner.
High Atlas Mountains / Essaouira Hike back to Imlil and transfer to the coastal town of Essaouira. The day is free for exploration.
Essaouira Enjoy a free day exploring this coastal port town any way you like.
Essaouira/Marrakech Drive to Marrakech for a medina tour with a certified city guide. Opt to visit Djemaa el Fna Square in the evening to see the gathering of musicians and street performers.
Marrakech Enjoy a final free day to explore.
Marrakech Depart at any time.