4 days Morocco desert tour from Marrakech
4 days Marrakech desert tour highlights
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains and its Tizi Ntichka pass
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Ben Hadou
- Drive to Zagora desert along Draa Valley
- Ride a camel in Merzouga while assisting to a dramatic sunset
- Sleep under the stars in Erg Chebbi Sahara camp
- Visit Todgha Gorges and drive across the Valley of the Roses
4 days Morocco desert tour itinerary
Your 4 days Morocco desert tour from marrakech Departs from your hotel or riad at 07h30 by winding up through the Atlas Mountains over the Tizi N’ Tichka Pass, the pass rises to 2260 meters above sea level, so the views are quite splendid. Plenty of stops are made for taking in the scenery and photography. We arrive in ouarzazate and visit Taourirte Kasbahs. Lunch ( At leisure ) before we continue to Zagora. The Draa river has given life to a huge oasis about 200 Km at the foothill of the anti Atlas mountains. This valley has been for many years coveted by the nomads. On the way, stop at Tinzouline to see the graffiti on the rocks.
All along, several palm groves will bring their shades between Kasbahs and Ksours dotted with fields of corn, barley, Vegetables and henna plantations. Dinner and Overnight in Zagora.
Today, you will cross the volcanic peaks of the Anti Atlas Mountains driving south east across lunatic landscapes past oases located in the middle of nowhere. You will stop for lunch at the oasis of Alnif, where you’ll have lunch before you carry on to Merzouga , then to Erg Chebbi where your Sahara desert camp is located. Upon arrival, switch your mean of transportation into camels and enjoy an Erg Chebbi dunes camel trek to witness one of the most sought for views in the planet: Erg Chebbi’s dramatic sunset over the color changing sand dunes!
Drive back to your camp and get ready for a delicious Moroccan dinner under the stars while entertained by the local nomads playing their drums. Don’t miss the clear sky stars constellation before you go to bed.
After breakfast at your desert camp, drive along the 1001 Kasbahs past rivers, oases and fortified Kasbahs to Tinghir, where you can enjoy a walk in the oasis along Todgha river bank to Todrha canyons where you will have lunch.
Early afternoon, drive along the Dades Valley where you’ll drive along some magnificient fortified Kasbahs and Berber Villages, with the sunset as a backdrop to Dades Gorges before you return to your hotel.
Dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, you’ll drive along side the Valley of the Roses to Kalaa Megouna where you can visit a rose water ladies cooperative and learn how locals manufacture rose water perfume essences.
We continue to Skoura oasis, considered one of the largest oases in the South and visit one of the Kasbahs there ( time permitting ) before we carry on to Ouarzazate for lunch.
Early afternoon , we drive to Marrakech via Tizi Ntichka and your driver will drive you straight to your hotel and riad where your 4 days desert trip from Marrakech will end.
4 days desert tour from Marrakech price per person:
|2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8-9 PRS||10-17 PRS|
|€ 399||€ 299||€ 249||€ 219||€ 199||€ 195||€ 189||€ 175|
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking river /guide
- Pick up from your Marrakaech hotel / Riad
- First night at hotel La Fibule de Draa including dinner and breakfast ( Private A/C ensuite room )
- Sunset camel ride in Erg Chebbi
- Overnight at a Saharara desert camp in Erg Chebbi ( Private tent ) with shared bathrooms – Showers available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge – Dinner and breakfast are included.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your desert tour ( €70 pp )
- Third night at Auberge Panorama or Hotel Babylon (Private A/C ensuite room) with dinner & breakfast
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel or the closest accessible location to your riad if not car accessible.